In this post, I have shared all possible ways to get rid of Hisense TV remote not working issue. I am 100% sure, one of these fixes will work for you.
Hisense Smart TVs are good and budget-friendly. However, one common problem reported by many users is the Hisense TV remote not working. I know it is very frustrating because it prevents you from changing channels and adjusting volume.
Some of the popular causes that results in Hisense remote stop responding are:
- An object obstructing signals between TV and remote.
- Weaken or dead batteries
- Electromagnetic interference in the room
- The use of accessibility features blocks remote functions
- Damaged or faulty remote
- Corrupt or outdated Hisense TV firmware
How To Fix Hisense TV Remote Not Working
Follow the troubleshooting guide given below to fix your Hisense TV remote control. You don’t need special techy skills to perform these fixes. Let’s get started.
1. Batteries Not Installed Correctly
If your brand-new Hisense TV remote is not working, begin by checking whether the batteries are installed correctly or not. Open the back compartment and ensure the batteries are seated properly and touching the terminals.
2. Checking Remote Operations
The first and foremost thing is to ensure that your remote is not dead. Here’s how you can do this:
- Grab your phone and Hisense TV remote.
- Open the camera app on your mobile and point it towards the signal transmitter point of the remote control.
- Now, press the remote buttons and check on your mobile screen whether you see a red beam or not.
- If you see a red beam on your mobile camera, it means your remote is still alive. You can move on to the next step.
- If there is no red beam light, install a fresh pair of batteries and repeat the same procedure.
3. Replacing Old Batteries
Weaken or dead batteries also prevent the remote from working. Get new batteries and install them. Before putting in the fresh batteries, clean the battery compartment and terminals properly. Also, jolt all the remote buttons to clear them from dirt and dust.
4. Power Cycle Hisense TV And Remote
- Unplug the TV from the Power Source.
- Remove HDMI cable and other devices connected to the TV.
- Grab the remote and remove its batteries.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes
- Install the batteries in the Hisense remote.
- Re-plug your TV; do not connect to any other device.
- Switch ON your Hisense smart TV and test if the remote works or not.
5. Disable Accessibility Features Of The Hisense TV
Accessibility features like RemoteNow can interfere with the functioning of the Hisense remote. Disabling it can make your remote functional again. You need to use physical buttons on the TV for navigation and selection of an option. Here is how to do it:
- Power ON your TV and go to Settings.
- Navigate down and select the Accessibility option.
- Now select the Remote Now function and disable it.
- Check remote functions now, if it is still not working, disable all Accessibility features.
I hope this will solve the remote problem.
6. Change Remote Transmission Mode From Bluetooth To IR
Most of the Hisense TV remotes have two transmission modes, i.e., IR and Bluetooth. If the remote is switched to Bluetooth mode, it will not work. You need to switch the remote to IR mode to make it work. Follow the below to steps below:
- Hold the Menu button (two/three horizontal lines/boxes) on the remote for 5 seconds. After that, test the remote functions.
- If it doesn’t work, repeat the above step again and see if it works.
7. Resetting Hisense TV To Fix Bugs & Glitches
Certain bugs and glitches also restrict the connection between remote and TV. You can quickly troubleshoot them by factory resetting Hisense TV. Here is how you can do that without remote.
- Switch ON your Hisense TV.
- Press the Menu button.
- Navigate to Settings and then select Device Preferences.
- Scroll down and select the Reset option and then choose Factory Data Reset.
- Choose Erase Everything option.
- Enter the default TV pin that is “0000”.
- Now, the reset process will begin and will be completed in a few minutes.
I hope with the above given fixes you will be able to quickly troubleshoot Hisense TV remote not working. Not all the fixes will work for you, so you have to try each, one by one. If by following all the above fixes your remote is still not working, I suggest contact Hisense customer support.
- Sky Remote Codes For LG TV And Quick Programming Guide - November 29, 2023
- How To Program ONN Universal Remote Without Code - November 28, 2023
- Roku TV Universal Remote Codes & How To Program  - November 25, 2023