If you’re having trouble using your new Vizio remote, you might not have paired it with your device or programmed it correctly. In both cases, we will walk you through the correct process to pair the Vizio remote to a TV, sound bar, streaming player, or any other device.
After establishing a connection with your desired device, you can tune/change channels, volume, and other functions. The method we will share isn’t complex and work like a breeze. You may also like to check GE universal remote codes for Vizio TV.
To program Vizio remote, hold the TV button for 5 seconds, release the button, and enter the universal remote code. After entering the code, test remote functions, press the Power button on the remote, and if the TV turns off, your remote is paired to the television successfully.
How To Program Vizio Remote With Code
In this method, you must have a Vizio TV codes list; otherwise, it will be difficult to connect the remote to the device. Here are the instructions you need to follow to program the universal remote with codes:
Check this Vizio universal remote codes list before starting the programming process.
- Unbox your Vizio remote and install a fresh pair of AAA batteries.
- Switch ON your device (TV, Soundbar, DVD) manually by pressing the “Power” button. We are taking television as an example.
- Make sure there is no obstruction between the device and the remote.
- Point the Vizio remote toward your device.
- Press and hold the remote’s “TV” button until the remote small LED light turns ON. At that point, release the button.
- This step puts the universal remote in programming mode.
- Now, choose the code from the list shared above and enter it using the numeric buttons of the remote.
- Upon entering the correct code, the small illuminating light will turn OFF.
- If the code you entered isn’t correct, the light will blink 5 times and then stay ON. In this case, you must repeat the instructions with a different code.
How To Program Vizio Universal Remote Without Codes
- Press the Power button to turn ON your TV.
- Grab the Vizio remote and hold the TV button until its LED light become lit.
- Next, press the Power button on the remote for 3 seconds until the light stops blinking.
- Repeat step 3 until your TV switches OFF.
- When your TV turns OFF, press and release the Power button to see if it is functioning.
- We hope it will start working fine.
Let us know if you face any difficulty in using this method. We will help you.
Can you pair any Vizio remote to any Vizio TV?
No, all Vizio remotes cannot be paired with Vizio TVs. You can only program universal or Vizio replacement remotes to any Vizio TV model.
Why won’t my Vizio remote connect to my TV?
There are multiple reasons for the Vizio remote not connecting to the TV. It can be due to batteries issue, a problem with the remote’s IR sensor, not being programmed correctly, or using an incorrect pairing code. You can use the same checklist if your Vizio remote is not working.
Why won’t my Vizio TV turn on with the remote?
If you cannot turn on your TV with a remote, it is likely due to expired batteries. Installing a fresh pair of batteries will fix the problem, and your remote will start working.
Don’t get frustrated if you are unable to program Vizio remote. We will share a self-tested method to pair the Vizio universal remote to the TV. To conclude, if you want to quickly program Vizio remote to the TV, Blu-ray, home theatre, etc., this guide will be helpful for you. You have two options to pair your universal remote to a smart TV. If you have a list of codes, go for the first method because it is simple and takes less time. Don’t forget to share your experience or query in the comments.