Learn how to program RCA universal remote with and without codes and set up the remote to control your TV, soundbar, Roku TV, or amazon fire stick.
RCA appears to be one of the most reliable universal remote brands in the U.S.A and Europe. Like GE universal remote, the RCA remote is capable of controlling up to 5 to 8 devices different devices at a time. Each of their remotes has a library of 5000+ universal remote codes. This means a remote can be paired to more than 5000 different models of different brands of TV, streaming players, and soundbars.
The design of the RCA remote is ultra-slim and all the variants easily fit in your palm its price ranges from $9 to $20. When it comes to compatibility, the remote is compatible with devices of famous brands i.e. Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, etc., and many un-famous brands like Vizio TV, Insignia, and Proscan, The only complication people have in using a universal remote is its pairing, but don’t worry we will explain how to easily connect RCA remote to your device.
RCA Universal Remote Codes
Method 1: How to Program RCA Universal Remote with Codes – Direct Code Entry
Follow the instructions below to set up RCA universal remote via direct code entry. For this method, you must have a programming code for your device, if you don’t have that you can jump on to the auto code search method.
Step 1: Unbox your RCA universal remote.
Step 2: Open the battery compartment at the back and install a fresh pair of AAA batteries.
Step 3: Switch ON your TV manually and Turn OFF all nearby devices.
Step 4: Remove all the obstructions that can block a connection between the TV and remote.
Step 5: Point the remote towards the television.
Step 6: Hold the remote’s “TV” button on the remote till the light start glowing.
Step 7: Release the button and enter the remote code using the numeric keypad.
Step 8: At this stage, if the remote light switches OFF this means the remote has been programmed successfully and if it blinks 4 times, this means the code is incorrect or you have done something wrong.
Step 9: Now, test the functionality of the remote control. Press the Power button, Volume +/-, and channel changing buttons.
If any function of the remote is not working properly you need to reprogram it by following the same procedure but with a different code.
For pairing the RCA soundbar to the remote, you need to press the AUX key instead of the TV.
NOTE: You can follow this guide to RCA 3, RCA 4, and RCA 5 device universal remote control.
Method 2: How to Set Up RCA Universal Remote without Codes – Auto Code Search
Depending on the mode of RCA remote you have, you can follow the below given step-by-step guides:
Program RCA Platinum Pro Universal Remote
- Turn ON your TV/Sound Bar/Streaming device, which you want to pair with the RCA remote.
- Clear object, if there is any that is blocking the IR signal between remote and device.
- Direct the remote towards the device, press and hold the “Code Search” button, located at the top right corner.
- Keep holding it until you see the red light on the remote turn ON.
- Next, press and release the device button. For pairing television press TV, for audio device press Aux, etc.
- Now, press and release the remote’s “Power” button. When you will press the power button the red light on the remote will blink multiple times and then stop. Keep doing so, until your device Turns OFF.
- As soon the device turns OFF, immediately press the “Enter” button on the remote, this will save the code.
Pair RCA Universal Remote New Model
Follow this guide if the above-given steps are not compatible with your RCA remote control variant.
- Switch ON your device manually and point the RCA remote towards it.
- Simultaneously hold the “Power” and “TV” button for 4-5 seconds and the red light on remote will illuminate.
- Press and release the “Play” button to start an automatic search for a code. During this, the light on the remote will start blinking and then stop. You need to press the button again and keep doing so until your device switches OFF.
- When your device turns OFF, press and release the “Reverse” button on the remote. Repeat this step until your device switches ON again.
- When the device turns ON, press the “Stop” button.
- It is time to test the functions of the remote. Press volume +/-, channel up/down.
Congratulations, you have successfully programmed the RCA universal remote. It is a bit of a taking process but works perfectly for those who don’t have universal codes of the remote.
I hope you will like the guide on how to program RCA universal remote with and without codes. Both methods work absolutely fine to date. The first method that we shared requires you to enter a code, if you don’t have the programmable code then the direct entry method will be of no use to you. You should follow the second method which automatically programs a universal remote to the TV, sound bar, Android box, and many other devices and streaming players. If you face any trouble in the programming of remote control, don’t hesitate to write us in the comments.
- How To Program Vizio Remote To TV, Soundbar, & More  - September 28, 2022
- How To Reset Toshiba TV Remote Control – Do This  - September 27, 2022
- How To Program RCA Universal Remote to Vizio TV  - September 22, 2022