If you are having problems pairing a remote to your LG TV, these are the exact steps that I followed to program universal remote to LG TV.
Suddenly, the LG smart tv remote stops working is not a big deal, but it is a very frustrating issue. You can still control your television without a remote using the buttons panel on the frame, but it is inconvenient. You can get a universal remote of Jumbo, one for all, Pavy, or any other brand to handle this problem.
A universal remote works the same as your tv’s original remote. All you need is to connect it to your tv correctly. Connecting a remote to an LG TV is not rocket science and can be done in less than a minute. Before proceeding, check this latest list of LG TV universal remote codes because you will need them for pairing.
How To Program Universal Remote To LG TV Quickly 
Below are the instructions for pairing your universal remote to an LG Smart TV.
- Switch ON your LG TV or smart TV.
- Insert fresh batteries in the remote and aim it toward the TV.
- Press and hold the Code Search/Setup button on the remote until the remote light turns ON.
- Hold the TV button if your remote doesn’t have these 2 mentioned buttons.
- Release the button when the light is ON. This step enables the programming mode on the remote.
- Now, press and release the TV button on the remote. (Skip this step if your remote doesn’t have a Setup or Code Search key)
- It is time to enter a remote code using the numeric keys on the remote. You will find the list of codes for LG TV in the remote’s user manual or in the blog post, whose link is posted above.
- If the code you entered is correct, the red light on the remote will turn OFF, and you can start using the remote.
- And if the remote is not working, you must repeat the above process and try a different code this time.
If you are unable to pair your remote using codes, follow this guide to program a universal remote to LG TV without code.
How To Program Universal Remote To LG TV Without Code
- Turn ON your LG TV manually.
- Press and hold the Setup/Input/Code Search button for approx. 5 seconds.
- Release that button and then press the TV button a single time.
- Now direct the remote towards your LG TV and press and release the Power button every three seconds.
- Repeat this step until your TV switches OFF. When your TV turns OFF, immediately press the TV key on the remote again. This will save the code.
- Now again, press the Power button on the remote and start testing remote functions.
You can follow the same guide to program a universal remote to the LG soundbar, but instead of “TV”, you need to press the “AUX” key on the remote. You can contact us if you still have any confusion related to this.
What are the best universal remotes for LG TV?
The best universal remotes for LG TVs are RCA, Philips, One for All, and GE. These remote brands offer a variety of codes and easy pairing with the device.
What are the remote codes for LG TVs?
The working LG TV remote codes are 2065, 4086, 1663, 1305, 1859, 1002, 1004, 1005, 1014, 1025, 10442, 10856, 11423, 12358, and 13397.
If your remote is lost or is not working, worry no more because now the universal remote is at your disposal. Get a universal remote for LG TV and pair it using a code. Once programmed correctly, you will be able to POWER on/off, scan channels, and control channels and the volume of your TV. Let us know if you face any problems in the programming process.
- Sky Remote Codes For LG TV And Quick Programming Guide - November 29, 2023
- How To Program ONN Universal Remote Without Code - November 28, 2023
- Roku TV Universal Remote Codes & How To Program  - November 25, 2023