This article focuses on sharing instructions to program universal remote with codes. It includes guides to set up GE, RCA, & many other remote brands.
A universal remote control acts as a very handy device when your television, LED, LCD, sound bar, or DVD player’s original remote stop working. If your original remote is working fine you can still use a universal remote because with this 1 remote you can control up to 8 devices at a time. There are thousands of codes stored in the universal remote’s database to make it work with products of different brands.
Earlier we shared a very detailed article on how to program a universal remote without codes which helped many people in setting up a remote control. We received a lot of requests to share instructions to set up universal remote with codes, so here Remote Codes Portal is fulfilling its follower’s request.
How to Program Universal Remote with Codes
Universal remote of each brand has a different procedure to get configured. We have chosen the top 10 best universal remote controls and created a step-by-step guide to program the remote with code.
Set Up GE Universal Remote with Codes
Programming a General Electric GE universal remote with codes is easier compared to any other brand of a remote. Below are the instructions to help you in configuring a GE remote.
- Unbox GE universal remote and insert two AAA batteries in it.
- Clear all the obstructions between TV and remote.
- Switch OFF all the nearby devices and Turn ON only the device that you want to program. Here we assume you are programming a universal remote to TV.
- Direct the remote towards the TV and hold the Setup button.
- Hold the Setup button until the Power button light starts glowing.
- Press and release the “TV” button on the remote. The glowing light on the remote will blink once and then stays ON.
- Type the code using the remote’s keypad. Check this GE universal remote codes list for TV.
The glowing light of the remote’s “Power” button will turn OFF if the code you entered is correct. It is time to test the functions of the remote. Press the power button, volume +/- button and channel up/down button to check they are working properly.
If after entering the code the “Power” button light blinks and then remains ON, this is a signal that you entered an incorrect code. You need to try a different cl3, cl4, or cl5 code to program a general electric universal remote.
Program RCA Universal Remote with Direct Code Entry Method
Radio Corporation of America, famously known as RCA, is another popular universal remote control brand in the United States of America and Europe. The RCA universal remote has different variants but the method to program all of them is similar. You will need a list of 4 and 5 digit codes to program the remote to TV, DVD, Amazon Fire-Stick, Blu-Ray, Home Theater etc. Here is a guide that will help you to program RCA universal remote manually using the direct code entry method.
- Open the back cover of the RCA remote control and Install a fresh pair of AAA batteries.
- Point your remote towards the device you want to program. We are taking TV as an example in this guide.
- Now, press and hold the “TV” button on the remote and the small LED light will turn ON.
- Keep holding the “TV” button and type the universal code. You will find the codes in the user-manual of the remote or on our page dedicated to RCA universal remote codes.
- After entering the code, release the “TV” button.
When you start typing the code the light will turn OFF. If the remote detects the code you entered is correct it will turn back ON again.
If the code you entered is not accepted, the light will blink 4 times and turns OFF. In this case you need to repeat the previous steps with a different code.
If you couldn’t able to find a right code, check this guide on how to set up RCA universal remote without codes.
Program Jumbo Universal Remote with Code
Innovage Jumbo is a huge universal remote having dimensions 16 x 3.2 x 6.1 inches and weighing 1 pounds. This remote control is good for those who often misplace their remotes at home. Below are the instructions to program the Jumbo universal remote with the help of the code entry method:
- Install AAA batteries in the remote control
- Direct it towards the device you want to program.
- Make sure all the nearby devices are OFF except the one that you want to program with remote.
- Hold the “Code Search” button for 4-5 seconds and wait till the remote light switches ON.
- Next, press and release the “TV” button to program the remote for TV.
- Enter the code using the keypad. After this the remote will turn OFF, if the code is correct.
Now, Turn ON the TV using the remote, try changing the channels and test other functions of the remote. If everything is working fine you are good to go. And if the remote functions are not working properly you need to try a different code from the list.
If the direct entry code method didn’t worked for you try programming jumbo remote without codes.
Pair Magnavox Universal Remote with Code
Next we have a powerful universal remote from Magnavox. This remote can be paired up to 4 different devices at a time including television, roku, chromecast, DVD player, blu-ray, and more. To make all its functions work you will be needing a set of codes and guide to program. Below are the complete instructions to set up the Magnavox universal remote for the TV.
- Add a fresh pair of AAA batteries to the Magnavox universal remote.
- Turn on your television set manually from the front panel.
- Press the “Code Search” button on the remote and keep holding it until the red light turns ON.
- Now, press and release the “TV” button. To put the remote in programming mode.
- Type the universal code that is compatible with your device.
You will find the code in the remote’s user-manual or check our post on the Magnavox universal remote codes list.
If the code you entered in step 5 is correct the remote’s illuminating light will turn OFF. Next, try to see if the functions of the remote are working fine or not. If they are working fine Enjoy!
If the entered code is incorrect the light will blink multiple times and turn OFF. You need to program your remote again with a different code.
This method didn’t worked for you? Check this guide on how to program Magnavox remote without codes.
A universal remote is useless if you don’t have its codes or guidance to program it. Key-codes are easy to find and you can get them from the user-booklet and to program universal remote with codes you can follow our given guides. We have shared the step-by-step instructions to set up remotes of popular brands such as GE, Jumbo, RCA, Magnavox, etc. We will add more guides for more brands in the coming days. You can program a universal remote to different devices and use a single remote to control functions of multiple devices. If you face any trouble in programming or getting a universal code, feel free to write to us in the comments section.
- How To Program Vizio Remote To TV, Soundbar, & More  - September 28, 2022
- How To Reset Toshiba TV Remote Control – Do This  - September 27, 2022
- How To Program RCA Universal Remote to Vizio TV  - September 22, 2022