Sometimes due to unknown reasons, GE remote stops working properly, to fix it you need to reset GE universal remote. Learn how you can do that!
You must be in a situation where your GE remote is not functioning properly or has stopped working.
In this case, you need to factory reset your GE remote control. We are going to post multiple methods following which you can easily reset your TV remote. After resetting your remote control, you will need GE universal remote codes to program the remote again.
To reset GE remote you need to hold the setup button till the light turns ON. Tap the mute key and press 0. Your remote will be restored to the factory state.
How To Reset GE Universal Remote [4 Easy Steps]
There are two different reset methods to factory reset the GE remote to default settings. Below we will share both methods and you can try any one of them. Without further ado, let’s start.
- Grab the GE remote and hold the “Setup” button for 3-5 seconds, the remote light will light up and stays ON.
- Press and release the “Mute or OK” button. This step depends upon the remote variant you have.
- Press and release the “0” numeric button, and the remote light will blink twice.
- Next, remove the batteries and install them back after 60 seconds.
Power Cycling GE Universal Remote
If method 1 didn’t work for you, try this to restore GE remote to factory settings.
- Open the back cover of the GE remote and remove both batteries.
- Press each key of the universal remote one by one.
- Now, hold the “1” key on the remote for 60 seconds.
- Leave the remote unattended for 10 minutes.
- Install the batteries again and your remote will be restored to its original settings.
Sometimes it resets the remote on the first attempt but if not you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times. These methods will work on all GE universal remotes including CL3, CL4, CL5, 24922, 33712, and 33709. You cannot reset your RCA remote with this guide.
Resetting GE Remote Using Mute Button
You can also try this method to restore your GE remote to factory settings. Here are quick steps to follow:
- Hold the Setup button on GE remote until the remote light become lit.
- Press and release the Mute button on the remote.
- Next, press the Zero button. This will reset your remote to factory defaults.
Can you reset a GE remote control?
Yes, you can reset GE remote control. To reset your remote you need to follow any of the above-given methods.
Why is my GE universal remote not working?
When the GE remote is in shift mode, it stops working. To fix it, press and release the setup or shift button, then press the arrow buttons on the remote. Your remote will start working. If this trick doesn’t work then you need to program your universal remote again.
How do I program my GE 6 universal remote?
To program GE 6 device remote, you need to hold the “setup” button for 3 seconds. Press and release the “TV” button. Type the universal code and start using the remote. You can follow the same steps to set up GE 8 remote.
How do I fix an unresponsive universal remote?
A universal remote becomes unresponsive if: the battery terminals are dirty, any remote button is jammed, batteries are expired, and the remote is not programmed correctly.
Without a doubt, GE universal remote is one of the best replacement remotes for the TV, soundbars, DVD, Blu-ray, etc. It is capable of replacing 5 to 8 remotes of different devices by empowering you to control all devices with a single remote control. Hope the information shared on resetting GE universal remote will be helpful for you. There are occasions when the only option you have is to reset your remote control. Doing so, restore the GE remote to default settings like it was unboxed for the first time. After resetting you need to set up the remote again and pair it with your home entertainment devices. You can follow any of the above-given resetting methods, let us know if you face any issues with the steps.
- Sky Remote Codes For LG TV And Quick Programming Guide - November 29, 2023
- How To Program ONN Universal Remote Without Code - November 28, 2023
- Roku TV Universal Remote Codes & How To Program  - November 25, 2023