In this post, I have shared a detailed step-by-step guide to resetting the Toshiba remote control like a breeze. Leave a comment if you find it useful.
When your Toshiba TV remote control suddenly stops working, there’s a good chance that its batteries are expired, and replacing them will fix the problem.
However, if the Toshiba TV still does not respond to the remote even after replacing the batteries, the issue is with its programming or IR sensor.
Before deciding to replace your remote, I want you to try and fix the programming issue. It can be done by factory resetting the Toshiba remote.
To factory reset your Toshiba remote, hold the D-pad, Back and Menu buttons for 60 seconds. Release both buttons and remove the batteries. Now hold the power button for 30 seconds again. Install the batteries again and program the Toshiba remote again.
How To Factory Reset Toshiba TV Remote Control
Follow the steps below to get rid of the Toshiba TV remote not working issue by resetting it:
- Grab the remote and locate the Back and Menu buttons.
- Simultaneously hold the three buttons until the remote light blinks multiple times. It usually takes a minute or two.
- After the light flickers, release all the buttons. The blinking of light indicates the remote has been unpaired from the TV.
- Next, open the back compartment of the remote and remove the batteries.
- Hold the power button for 30 seconds and then release it.
- Now, press and shake each button of the remote one by one to completely drain the charging from the remote.
- That’s it! You have successfully rebooted Toshiba TV remote control.
Factory Reset Toshiba Fire TV Remote
The method to reset Toshiba Fire TV remote is different. Watch this video to learn how you can fix Toshiba Fire TV remote not working issue:
The above explains:
- Remove the batteries from the remote.
- Hold the Power key for Approx. 1 minute.
- Release the Power key and press all buttons on the fire TV remote. Make sure you don’t miss any. This process removes the dirt and debris stuck in the remote buttons.
- Insert the batteries in the remote and test it.
- If the above steps don’t work, repeat it again, but this time without removing the batteries.
Reprogramming Toshiba TV Remote
Follow these steps to pair a Toshiba remote to your TV:
- Turn ON your television.
- Grab the remote and aim it toward your TV.
- Hold the Recall or Setup button on the remote and wait until the light on the remote becomes lit.
- Press and release the TV button on the remote.
- Now, press the Power button on the remote and wait for 5 seconds.
- Repeat step 5 until your TV switches OFF.
- When the TV turns OFF, press the Enter button to store the code.
You can also check other methods to program universal remote to Toshiba TV.
Factory Resetting Toshiba TV
Sometimes, the issue is not with the remote and the TV is a real culprit. If the issue still exists after resetting your television remote, you need to reset your Toshiba TV without a remote. Here are the easy steps:
- Turn on your Toshiba TV.
- Locate the reset button. You will find it on the back of the TV.
- Take a toothpick and press the reset button.
- Keep holding the button until your TV reboots.
- When the TV reboots, it will start the resetting process.
- Wait till the completion of the process. Once it is done, you can set it up from scratch.
Why does my Toshiba TV remote not work?
Toshiba TV remote will not work if there is an issue with batteries, an IR sensor, or incorrect programming. Check all these to get rid of the problem.
Is it possible to use Toshiba TV without a remote?
Yes, you can use Toshiba TV without a remote. You will find a buttons panel on the right side of the television. Moreover, you can also use Toshiba remote app for iOS and Android to control your TV.
The Toshiba remote not working can be due to different reasons. After researching and testing the method, I found that resetting the remote is a proven fix to get rid of many remote control issues. I have shared the easiest way to reset Toshiba remote. After resetting your remote, settings will be refreshed, and it will fix all its issues. Give this method a try, and share your feedback or query in the comments.