A few buttons of the Philips remote are not working, or it is completely unresponsive. Learn how to instantly fix Philips TV remote not working issue and make it work again.
Philips doesn’t compromise on product quality, and their top-notch appliances are famous worldwide. However, anything can happen anytime to an electronic device; the same goes for the Philips TV remote control. It can suddenly stop working for many unknown reasons, and you have to try various fixes to eliminate the problems.
After researching and performing a few tests, one quick fix I found is to factory reset the Philips remote. Restoring the remote to its default settings is easy and doesn’t require you to be tech-savvy. The method is very simple. Below, I have posted the step-by-step guide.
Causes Of Philips Remote Not Working
- Batteries are weak or dead
- Remote is not paired correctly
- Remote is physically damaged
- IR blaster of the remote is not working
- An object blocking the signals between the TV and remote
Philips TV Remote Not Working [Quick Fixes 2023]
Without further ado, let’s discuss the solutions to fix the Philips unresponsive remote control.
Clear Obstruction Between TV and Remote
Ensure the pathway between the TV and the remote is clear. The presence of any object can cause obstruction and block the transfer of signals between the two devices. As a result, the remote will not work. If doing so doesn’t help, move on to the next step.
Cleaning Battery Compartment and Installing New Batteries
The next step is to open the back compartment of the remote and clean the battery terminals properly. The dirt stuck in the terminals doesn’t let battery power pass through, and the remote doesn’t work. After cleaning, I recommend putting a fresh pair of batteries in the remote and testing the remote functions.
Check Physical Damages and Infrared Of Remote
A remote physically damaged also make Philips smart TV remote stop working. To find out, the only way is to shake the remote. If you hear the sound of something, it means the remote is damaged and won’t work. If you hear nothing, then check the remote’s infrared. The Philips tv remote sensor not working also trouble in many ways. Open the camera on your smartphone and place it in front of your remote, then place the Power button on it. If the remote light blinks, your remote IR is working fine.
Re-Pairing The Philips TV Remote
If you are using Philips universal remote, ensure you have paired it correctly. Here’s how to program Philips remote.
- Switch ON your device manually.
- Point the Philips TV remote towards your TV and hold the Setup button until you see the red light on the remote turn ON.
- Enter the 4 digit code. If you don’t have a code list, check Philips universal remote codes.
- That’s it. Your remote is paired successfully.
Power Cycling Philips TV
Follow these quick steps to power cycle your Philips TV:
- Unplug your Philips TV from the Power outlet and wait for 60 seconds.
- After 60 seconds, hold the Power button on the TV for 30 seconds.
- Next, plug the TV back into the power outlet. Power cycling of your Philips television is done.
Reset Philips TV Remote
- Open the back compartment of the remote and remove the batteries.
- Now hold the Power button on the remote for 30 seconds.
- Next, press and shake each button of the remote.
- Let the remote rest for 15 minutes.
- Your Philips remote is reset. Install the batteries again and test the remote functions.
You can get rid of the frustration of Philips TV remote not working in many ways. The solution can vary because it depends on the nature of the problem. I have shared all possible ways to fix the Philips TV remote when it is not responding. Following these steps should help fix the remote and let you control your television easily from your bed or couch.
- Philips Universal Remote Codes And Program Guide  - September 29, 2023
- Toshiba TV Universal Remote Codes With Program Guide 2023 - September 28, 2023
- How To Program Philips Universal Remote [3 Quick Ways 2023] - September 28, 2023